IT Architect (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for creating the structure for our payment platform.
Congratulations! Your search for a job is over. The best chapter of your professional life starts with this job offer.
Modern payment methods are something quite wonderful. Apple Pay, PayPal, credit card – the list of payment options is long. Unfortunately, however, they can also present a jungle of problems. Do you always know exactly which payment method will work at the checkout? Sometimes you only need to place the card on the reader, other times you have to insert it. In some instances you have to sign your name, in others you have to enter your PIN. There are countless ways, but you only know which one is needed when it comes to actually paying.
With paymenttools we are developing an innovative full-service platform that makes payment transactions as convenient as possible for customers and retailers all over Europe. We invite you to share in our vision and work with us.
As IT architect you build our system environment. You have an in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, tech, tools and interfaces and are able to create a system that is compliant with our business strategy. If you enjoyed playing with Lego as a child, being an IT architect at paymenttools is the perfect opportunity to do a similar kind of thing in the world of work.
- In collaboration with our product owners and software engineers you design the target architecture for our new payment platform and are responsible for the strategic planning and optimisation of the platform architecture
- You ensure that we follow architecture principles and you optimise them with the teams
- You see the big picture, but you only work on the necessary next element
- You have a methods toolkit that enables you to identify architecture requirements in workshops
- You support our development teams in the design and implementation of the architecture and ensure that the architecture documentation is worded in a reader-friendly way for colleagues
- By communicating knowledge you improve the product development teams’ technical excellence
- You have a clear idea of what we should be building ourselves and what we should be buying in
- You can communicate complex concepts in simple terms and engage with both technology- and business-minded people
- You have the necessary knowledge of organisational and technical scaling structures to keep pace with our growth
- 5+ years of experience in a software architecture environment. Several years of experience in the implementation and management of technically challenging projects.
- 5+ years of extensive experience in software and platform development.
- Team leadership experience
- Planning and facilitation of workshops for the identification of architecture requirements
- Experience in the use of metrics for the evaluation of platform quality and stability
- Presentation and communication skills, as well as a knowledge of methods for the comprehensible communication of complex concepts and architectures to a broad public
- Use of design principles and best practices
- Agile teams and flat hierarchies
- Hybrid working from wherever you have an Internet connection
- Flexible working hours that suit your workflow
- Responsibility from day one
- Creative freedom for your ideas
- Free choice in terms of your hardware
- Your VRS JobTicket
With our group, a huge ecosystem of customers, partners and companies is available to us. We already have ten years of experience in payment and banking. We can already handle digital and corporate start-ups for commerce and fulfilment. Now we are building a modern, innovative and scalable payment platform – by retailers for retailers. Make your mark with us. Let’s work together on equal terms and be part of the team that rethinks payment in Europe.