In a nutshell: we are looking for support in the field of Backend Engineering (m/f/d) for remote work or on-site. If you are looking for the best time of your working life, congratulations! Your job search has come to an end.
Modern payment methods are something quite wonderful. Apple Pay, PayPal, credit card - the list of payment options is huge. But unfortunately, this leads to pain and confusion for consumers and retailers. You already experienced it.
We, paymenttools, are a start-up of the REWE Group and want to clean up the confusion in the world of payment traffic in Europe. And later in the whole solar system. In other words: #wesolvepayn.
As a Backend Engineer (m/f/d) you are part of a cross-functional team. By developing micro services and micro frontends you will help us to turn the payment industry upside down. In our team of experts you are in the best place to build the small cogs of a complex payment system.
- you develop microservices for the Google Cloud
- you automate unit, component, system and user interface tests
- you work on the operation of our own services through continuous deployment
- You help design system architectures and participate in the selection of technologies in cross-functional teams
- you are involved in the paymenttools product development from planning until operations
- you participate in cross-team chapters (architecture, QA, security, etc.)
- you have extensive experience with JVM based languages, especially Java
- you have good knowledge of open source frameworks, e.g. Spring, Hibernate and database technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
- you bring know-how about cloud and container technologies with you
- you know your way around topics like GCP, Kubernetes, monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus)
- you are comfortable with agile working methods and rapidly changing work environments
- you speak English fluently
- nice to have: technical experience in the payment field, e.g. connecting payment service providers, acquirers, clearing & settlement
- short decision-making paths and great scope for decision-making
- hybrid work from anywhere you have internet access. As long as the view is right!
- flexible working hours that fit your workflow, as long as you can make it to our meetings every now and then
- responsibility from day one
- creative freedom for your ideas, impulses and tools you like to use
- wide scope for the choice of your smartphone & notebook
- your job ticket in the VRS (+ VRR)